applications will open May 31st on a first come first serve basis.
Dates and Times
Reserving a Spot
Rules and Regulations
- Animaritime’s annual Garage Sale is an event that offers attendees the chance to sell their used video games, DVDs, manga, and other anime / gaming paraphernalia. Participating attendees get the chance to sell, trade, and barter their wares at one of Animaritime’s most popular events. The Garage Sale is a great way to clean out your closet full of plushies, and make room for new goodies that you purchase at Animaritime 2019.
- The Garage Sale will be held on Sunday, June 30th, 2019. If there is interest we may host a second sale on Friday, June 28th, 2019. Neither event will be VIP restricted however there will be a VIP line for this event. All attendees are welcome.
- Buyers can reserve a spot in our Garage Sale by purchasing a 4ft x 4ft vendor space prior to the convention, and submitting a list of proposed items to be sold. Items that are deemed inappropriate for persons under the age of 18 are only permitted to be sold by Animaritime staff. If you wish to sell 18+ materials, it will be done in a separate area from your vendor space, where Animaritime staff will check the ID of potential buyers; ensuring that 18+ materials are only sold to buyers of a legal age.
- Garage Sale will be held on Sunday, June 30th, 2019.
- If heavy interest is shown for a large amount of potential sellers, we may host a second event hosted Friday, June 28th 2019.
- Please check the Animaritime schedule for official event times.
- Setup for vendors begins one hour before the start of each event.
- Application forms for 2019 will open May 1st, 2019.
- Deadline to have the application in is by 11:59 pm, Thursday June 27th, 2019. Please note that space are limited. We have revamped our layout to accommodate more people to sell during the event.
- Along with their personal / contact information, applicants must include a proposed list of items they wish to sell, including 18+ material. It is important to note that vendors at the Garage Sale must be registered attendees of Animaritime 2019. It is not necessary to pre-register for the convention. However, upon entering setup of the Garage Sale, attendees must have a valid Animaritime badge.
- Payment will be accepted at-convention. When you come to set up for the garage sale, you must submit your payment then.
A single vendor space (4ft x 4ft) costs $10
- Vendors may purchase a maximum of two spaces. On the registration form, you are given the option of one space at each event, one space at one event, or two spaces at one event.
- Please note that if you apply for one at each event and one event has already been filled, you will only be offered one spot at the available event.
- Vendor spots are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Spots are limited, so applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applicants must include a proposed (not necessarily complete) list of items they wish to sell. If the vendor is interested in selling 18+ materials, a complete list of 18+ items must be submitted.
- All items being sold must be in the Garage Sale space at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Vendor spaces are 4ft x 4ft squares, which will be taped off areas of the floor. Items from multiple attendees may be sold in one square for those selling only a few items. However, only one person may be seated at each square to sell items at any given time.
- Vendors are not required to stay until the end of the Garage Sale, but those who wish to leave early must have their area cleaned and inspected. Upon exiting the Garage Sale, vendors will not be allowed to reenter as a vendor.
- Animaritime staff reserve the right to determine if too many items are being displayed in a single space based on safety concerns. In the instance that too much material is being sold in a single space, the owner of the space will be required to remove some of their items, or be given the option to purchase another space if one is available.
- All items being sold are to be clearly labelled with the price of the item so that browsing attendees can easily see the cost. Change cannot be provided to vendors, so it is recommended that items are listed in one dollar intervals ($1, $2, $3, etc.).
- All 18+ items may only be sold by convention staff. These items are to be properly labelled and sectioned apart from your other items upon arrival. Animaritime staff reserve the right to refuse the selling of items deemed inappropriate for sale even in the 18+ sale area.
- No dangerous materials or items that can be considered weapons are allowed in the Garage Sale. Attendees are also forbidden to sell food or drink. Original artwork and craft work are also not permitted to be sold, and those interested in selling these items should apply for an Artist Alley table.
- Animaritime staff are not responsible for any material that does not sell in the Garage Sale. Unsold items will remain property of their owners unless left behind and unclaimed. Any remaining 18+ items must be picked up from the convention 'Information Desk' prior to closing hours on Sunday. Any item(s) not picked up by the end of the convention become the property of Animaritime.
Application: The Garage Sale Application is currently closed. Please check back on May 31st, 2019.
If you have any questions, please direct them to: email@example.com